2 0 1 7 - A M I D S U M M E R N I G H T ' S D R E A M
Wednesday 21st - Saturday 24th June 2017
7.30 p.m. (and a 3 p.m. Saturday matinee)
A U D I T I O N I N F O R M A T I O N
Date/Time: 11th February at 10 a.m. (till 1 p.m.)
Venue: At the Welcome Centre, 8 Church End, Walthamstow, E17 9RJ
The Greek Theatre Players 2017 Production will be:
'A Midsummer Night's Dream'.
Dir: Peter Wilson, Co-Dir: Lindsey Sculfor
Dress rehearsal: 17th June
Copped Hall (dress): 18th June
Dress Rehearsal: 19th or 20th June (tbc)
Performances: 21st to 24th June (including a Saturday Matinee at 3pm)
(You MUST be available for all of the above)
Regular rehearsals will be Saturday mornings 10am - 1pm.
PLEASE NOTE THIS YEAR'S AUDITION PROCESS!
Act 1 Sc i: Theseus and Hippolyta, Egeus, the lovers
Act 1 Sc ii: The Mechanicals
Act 2 Sc i: Puck, the Fairy, Oberon and Titania
Act 5: All
Before the Audition:
- It is expected that you will have either read or seen a production of the whole play before the auditions (there are at least two versions on YouTube)
- Even if you are happy to play as cast, please prepare one character from one of the scenes above to use for the purpose of the auditions (we are not expecting you to have learnt it!)
- Please bring along a copy of the play, if you have one.
- When you arrive you will be asked to write the name of your character on a post-it note which you will attach about your person.
- The auditions will be carried out in groups. You will be given the chance to find the others who are auditioning from your scene so that you can get together and talk/read-through in advance of the audition.
Please note: we are under time constraints. If you wish to read for more than one role, we will try to accommodate you, but make no promises.
Tea and coffee will be provided.
We are very much looking forward to seeing you.
Any questions? Please contact:
Lindsey: / 07956771119
IF YOU ARE INTENDING TO AUDITION please email Lindsey with the following information:
Preferred phone number; address; Part(s) you wish to read for;
Whether or not you are happy to play as cast;
Details of any rehearsal dates you know you will be unavailable for (Saturday mornings) so that a rehearsal schedule can be determined;
Details of week-nights you are regularly unavailable for (in case of extra rehearsals);
An indication if you'd be interested in participating in voice / text / movement workshops if scheduled.
"I have had a most rare vision.
I have had a dream, past the wit of man to say what dream it was."
Written around 1594, "The Dream" is set in magical Athenian woods and weaves around the adventures of four lovers, fairy royalty and a group of unsuspecting amateur actors.